Module 1 Lecture
Lecture Topic: Mind and Operations of An Apostolic Christian
Apostolic Christianity: Laying The Foundation
Key Terms & Phrases:
- Jesus Christ
- Born Again
- Acts 26:18
Assignment instructions & helpful tips:
- Review the assigned lecture.
- Take keynotes throughout the lecture in preparation for your weekly assignment.
- Write down keywords and phrases used and their relationship to the lecture topic.
- Look up words you do not understand.
- Make note of the key points below.
Key points to answer:
- What are the three main points of this lecture?
- How would you relate the lecture points, the scripture, and revelations received to the topic?
- How would you identify what the lecture is trying to achieve?
- What was stated in the lecture that you did not know before?
- What is the” kingdom relevance” of this lecture?
- How would you apply it as a minister and potential officer in training?
- How would you articulate to others what you have understood from your lecture?
- Before listening to your lecture, review your next essay question. This way, you can be listening for answers that will enable you to address the essay questions more effectively.
- Listen to your lecture more than once.
- The first time just listen for your own edification and jot down what strikes you. For example, “You have to learn God’s word to appreciate His truth.”
- The second time, write down the facts of the lecture. For example, “The continuum is an unbroken chain of events.”
- The third time, write down review questions. Turn your facts into questions. For example, “What is the continuum?”
- Put your questions on index cards so you can quiz yourself later for your test.
- Pay special attention to the information that will help you do your job as a minister. Listen to take action and not just to be edified.
- Ask questions!
Questions About Your Lecture:
- If you have questions about your lecture information and want to get better understanding or clarity on what you heard, please post them for your professor to respond to here: Course Discussion Board
- We are here to guide and support your education experience, so we expect not everything may be understood when you first learn it.
- Try not to stagnate the learning process by making assumptions or drawing a pre-conditioned conclusion
- We encourage you to search out the matter thoroughly and be prepared to study, investigate, and confirm your answers.